The Cappella Nuova or San Brizio Chapel
The ï¿½figurative opulenceï¿½ (J.Riess) of the Cappella Nuova is one of the best known masterpieces of Renaissance Italian art. The chapel was built between 1406 and 1425 over the 14th century structure that supported the transept and opens onto the southern part of the cross nave, formerly occupied by the sacristy and the semi-circular Monaldeschi chapel, symmetrically aligned with the SS Corporale chapel. Beato Angelico and Luca Signorelli worked on the decorations of the entire chapel.
Guided tours of the chapel should not last longer than 15 minutes.
Groups who have been booked in advance with an authorised guide take precedence.
Groups must alternate to allow single visitors access to the chapel. The staff at the chapel are authorised to regulate the flow of people according to precedence.
Visitors are not admitted to the chapel during Holy Mass.
For further information visit the website sito www.opsm.it